Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Feast of All Souls



Today we pray for all the poor souls waiting to see God. I love the fact that we can help them by our prayers and we all belong to the Communion of Saints! I find the month of November a good month to think of those who have gone before us.

Today's invocation for my "walking prayer" is Sacred Heart of Jesus, to your firm confidence I unite myself!" When I started repeating this phrase of the Litany today, I felt a strong desire to trust the Heart of Jesus with my whole life and that includes everything, including when and how I will die. Really, Jesus trusted His Father and His firm confidence calls forth the same from us, but it is a gift to pray for as we all fear the unknown. The Mass today has the 23rd Psalm and I think it gives us confidence to repeat: "The Lord is my Shepherd, nothing shall I want...
Here is a great quote from Jean-Pierre De Caussade, S.J.:
"The 'one thing necessary' is always to be found by the soul in the present moment. There is no need to choose between prayer and silence, privacy or conversation, reading or writing, reflection or the abandonment of thought, the frequentation or avoidance of spiritual people, abundance or famine, illness or health, life or death; the 'one thing necessary' is what each moment produces by God's design."
That should help us all to live in the present moment today united to the firm confidence of the Heart of Jesus!

No comments: