Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Shrine in honor of St. Philippine Duchesne



This is a picture of the Shrine at St. Charles at the Academy of the Sacred Heart; Philippine's tomb is here and it is a very prayerful place. I am preparing the prayer for the RSCJs in the area today on Philippine and asking her what she wants to say to me at this moment in my life.

I am also reminded of what we have learned from her and will share what Father T. Gavan Duffy said:

"What have we learned from her? The value of a steadfast purpose; the success of failure and the unimportance of our standards of success; the power of grace released by deep, divine desires and simple duties daily done; the old, unearthly, start, unwelcome fact that God is the workman, we the tools, so that He often takes the keen edge of our choice plans and uses it in His own way, not ours, producing wonderful results beyond our ken—but only if the handle of the tool is smoothed and rounded to His hand by penance and by prayer."

The invocation from the Litany of the Sacred Heart for today is: "Sacred Heart of Jesus, to your desires I unite myself."

Our novena continues:
Lord Jesus, through the intercession of St. Rose Philippine Duchesne, to your Sacred Heart I confide...(here I am putting my friend from Scotland, but you may add your own intentions, too) Only look...Then do what Your Heart inspires...Let Your Heart decide... I count on It...I trust in it...I throw myself on its mercy...Lord, Jesus! You will not fail me!..."

No comments: