Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Sacred Heart of Jesus, to your surpassing kindness, I unite myself!

Today I am using the next invocation in the Litany of the Sacred Heart: "Sacred Heart of Jesus, to your surpassing kindness, I unite myself."
I will need to work hard today to unite myself to the surpassing kindness of Jesus. The Heart of Jesus was overflowing with kindness, a way of manifesting love. In my life, each day there are many ways of showing small kindnesses: letting someone go ahead when a car is trying to get out into traffic, giving a smile to the people one meets, doing some hidden acts of kindness around the house, writing a note to someone; all of these are little things but they help to unite us to the surpassing kindness of the Heart of Jesus.

Tomorrow I am going to begin a novena for it will be nine days before the Feast of St. Philippine Duchesne. During these nine days I intend to plead through her intercession for my friend in Scotland and will say the prayer that is called the Novena of Confidence. It is a short powerful prayer:
Lord Jesus, To your Sacred Heart I confide this intention. Only look...then do what your Heart inspires...Let your Heart decide...I count on it...I trust in It...I throw myself on its Mercy. Lord Jesus, you will not fail me.

I ask this in the name of St. Philippine Duchesne. Amen Maybe you will want to join me in saying this prayer from November 9 to 18?

No comments: